Friday, June 20, 2008

I Still Miss You!

Two days off...It was wonderful.  I relaxed, didn't worry about the kids at work, caught up on some emails (still a ton to go - thanks to all who have written - I will write you back!), caught up on phone calls, and found I was missing home all the more.

A friend emailed me this week and said that she understood the struggle with moving away from home.  She said that the hardest time
s for her was when she knew what the people at home were doing at that moment.  I can totally relate.  I called my house on Father's day, and just wanted to be there.  I wanted to be with the people that love me; with the people I could hug without them thinking I was some sort of psycho; to just be in the same room as the people I love and I know. 

It's the love that I miss.  I sit here crying (I know - me cry?  It's alright - I'll be fine;-) ) as I write this and just picture the faces of the people I know and love: Mom, Dad, Lin and Kev, The Grandparents, the Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, best friend, my church family, my Engstrom family, and the countless others.  Know you are al
l so close to my heart, and that I love you all.  I miss your beautiful faces and your loving smiles.  I miss your hugs!  I long for a familiar face - a loving face.  The parents are coming soon - I can't wait for that!
God is still good though.  The Psalms are great to read when I feel like this - the authors were able to get those thoughts down on paper so eloquently - so perfectly.  I am thankful to be here and thankful for the struggles and the challenges I go through daily.  I am learning to trust more and more.  I am learning to live - learning to feel, and that is a good thing!  


It is so beautiful up here.  I went on a really long walk today and was amazed by 
God's craftsmanship.  No one can compare!  Though I may not thank Him enough for the beautiful sunsets, the countless animals, the green trees and plants everywhere, He is faithful.  And that is the best kind of love.  I know I can count on Him and trust Him.  My God is GREAT!

I love you all and look forward to all your emails!  

Blessings!

6 comments:

keast said...

beautiful.

Mom said...

Great picture. Someone was just telling me about the tulips! We miss you too and look forward to you phone calls (skip the emails)! 25 Days to go!

The Little Sister said...

I miss you too. Your picture has the Laurie twinkle in your eye and it made me laugh. ^_^ Hang in there. Mama and Daddy will be there soon. Wish I could come too. I LOVE YOU! *hug*

Growlybear said...

Hey Orie!
Juneau is pretty when the sun finally comes out.
Just don't go hugging any bears that you see up there!

lisa page said...

Laurie,
not many people could do what you're doing and stay so positive about it. You are a good reminder to me of God's faithfulness. Thanks for sharing your heart with us. It's not something I take for granted. Let's continue our game of phone tag... I want to hear more!

much love, lisa

Unknown said...

You are so BEAUTIFUL Lorina :)

Keep leaning on God for your strength...b/c, oh man, we SURELY know that we can't do it on our own!!

Keep pluggin away girl!! Miss ya!!
~ju