Saturday, June 6, 2009

Real Life

Vacation has officially ended.  Real life has started once again.  So sad...

Linda left on Monday.  It was very sad to see her go!  I didn't like it one bit!  We had tons of fun, and she helped me move (yet again!)  Next time, I'm going to help her move up here!  Wouldn't that be so great!  

Like I said, Linda moved me all in.  I have a new house, new roommates, and a whole new adventure waiting for me.  This house has a full front and backyard - so good!  I mowed and worked on the front lawn yesterday.  Four nasty, itchy bug bites and a sunburn later, I decided that morning is the best time to work on the yard.  It's actually been really warm here the past few days!  I've been really surprised!  The people here in Juneau are starting to get cranky because there hasn't been rain in almost a week!  Everyone has tans - it's pretty funny!

Work is ok.  I recently got promoted to supervisor, which is a new adventure too!  I start in two weeks.  I'm nervous, because there is still so much that I don't know.  But, it will be experience and a new adventure.

I've decided that I can't ease into things.  I can't make just one change at a time in my life - it's all or nothing!  I did it last year: graduated, new house, new job, new roommate, new state all in one month.  This year: new house, three new roommates, new position, new friends all in one month!  Won't it be interesting to see what happens next year?!  

I miss you all!  Hope all is well with you! 
Blessings,
Laurie

2 comments:

The Little Sister said...

I was sad to go too. If you're still there, I'll be back next summer. I had a blast with you and I'm glad I got to help you move. Isn't working in the yard grand? I love it! Your new adventure will be good. Things will perk up. Glad you promoted. I think that was the best decision for you. Love you and miss you!!

Mom said...

I can't wait to hear the adventures of year two!