Monday, June 15, 2009

Real Life Revised...

I've done three blogs in about two weeks...needless to say, there's been a lot of life changes happening. It's been crazy here, but I think it's good. Only time will tell. I just have to trust (and we all know how much I love to trust...)

The house thing is the same! This is a good thing. I have three of the four roommates staying fairly consistently at the house. It still seems really strange to me to think that someone is paying for rent, and then doesn't stay at the place they are paying for. Does this make sense to anyone else or am I on my own in this?

The weather has gone back to "Juneau weather". That means it thinks it's sunny, but there's enough cloud cover to not quite need the sunglasses, and then it rains. Actually it sprinkles, but if you're from SoCal, it rains! But it's not consistent. I rains for about five minutes, quits for ten, rains again for ten, quits for an hour, you get the point. I must say: when Juneau doesn't get rain in a while, the people here get pretty grumpy! They need the rain! I find that I miss it too. I love hanging out in the rain!

I was supposed to start my supervisor position today. Instead, I went to group therapy with my girls and let them know that I was resigning from JYS. They were not happy with me, and cried a little. I tried to explain that I truly do care for them and that I am not quitting because of anything any of them had done, but that it was something that I needed to do for myself. I also told them that I would be checking up on them, and wanted to come by weekly to play games with them and read a book or something. We'll see if I'm a friend or foe tomorrow...

So, I quit my job because I got a new job! I'll still be in Juneau, but working for JAMHI (Juneau Alliance for Mental Health Inc). It is working with adults with psych problems - depression, schizophrenia, psychosis, dual personalities, etc. I'll be a case manager over there, working on treatment plans, getting them to and from appointments, teaching them how to function, etc. Should be interesting and a challenge! If you have more questions, please call me and ask! There's too much to write in a blog...

More changes! This week, I've really been praying and asking God to give me wisdom, endurance, and understanding for all these crazy things in my life. Then, on the radio, a song came up (yes, another song!) Third Day's, "Take It All". Recently I've been struggling with the reality that people are expecting too much of me. I can't be everything to everyone, and it's feeling like that is what is happening. I am so tired of trying so hard. I am tired of people assuming that since I am a "strong" person, I can handle a great deal of things at once. I can, but sometimes (in the midst of life changes...) it's too much. And then I think and wonder how much of this I bring on myself. How much of it is my own expectations of myself? Like I said, it's been a struggle. All that to say, this has been my theme song for the past few days...



Love you and miss you all!
Blessings!

1 comment:

The Little Sister said...

I love reading your blog. I'm listening to "I still miss you" by Keith Anderson... yup... miss you a lot! I'm glad your switching jobs. It will be good for you and the girls will come around. Keep writing! Love you and miss you!!!!!!!