Saturday, December 20, 2008

It's Almost Christmas...

...And I have yet to do some Christmas shopping...yup.  I'm in big trouble.

But here's the deal.  I've been under so much stress the past few weeks that I've cried enough tears to fill an ocean, got mad enough to light a runway, been excited enough to make even the toughest kids smile.   If you add it all together, you equal the panic attack that got me Wednesday night.  Yes, it was a fun week.

Many of you know the car problems I've been having.  I finally decided to buy another car.  So Aunt Tara and I went looking for cars last Thursday and Friday, and I found two cars: one was a little out of my price range but a solid car, and one was right in my price range but an older car.  I decided I wanted to buy the 96 Subaru because it was more in my price range and I've been told my multiple people - including car mechanics - that Subaru's are one of the best cars you can get in Alaska.  So the car dealer tells me I can take the car for the weekend and see how I like it.  I drive it around the first day, park it in my driveway overnight and try to start it the next morning.  I bet none of you can guess what happened.  If you guessed that the car wouldn't start, give yourself fifty million bonus points!  The lights and radio started, but the car would not turn on.  Sound familiar?  So I call the dealer, and he's sending someone out tonight to tow it back to the dealership.  So now I'm just a bit more nervous about buying this car.  Can you blame me???

I switched my job this week too.  I am now a Case Manager at Lighthouse, the all girls house.  I'm pretty dang excited about this switch, and so far it's been good.  Two of our girls are on home pass for the holidays, so our house only has three girls right now.  It's so nice.  I couldn't have had a better time to come on board at that house.  It'll be a nice, slow introduction to everything.

I'm starting to get a little sad about not going home for Christmas.  It'll be fine - I'm working Christmas Eve and morning, so that should be interesting.  Hopefully everything will go well and the girls will have a good Christmas.  It'll be different, that's for sure. 

So with all these stressors, some good, some not so good, it's been quite a lot to deal with.  It's hard to keep my head above water right now.  But then I am reminded, especially in this Christmas season, that Jesus is right there with me.  He's not going to leave me.  When I get tired and weary, He doesn't.  He came to this earth, all those years ago, so that I would be OK today.  I can continue to have hope and faith in Him even though it seems the world is falling apart around me.  Jesus truly is the reason for the season!

I love you and miss you terribly!
Blessings!

3 comments:

lisa page said...

love you luzz!

keast said...

miss you too cousin!

Mom said...

I sure was wondering where God was on Saturday! I'm so thankful to read your blog today. It will be weird not having you home opening presents with us, but I know the girls at Lighthouse will be blessed because you are there. I love you soooooo much!