Sunday, August 24, 2008

Nothing Better to Do...

I've gotten quite a few calls and emails about me not updating the blog...I'm so sorry!  It's not that I haven't had any time to update it - it's that nothing truly exciting has happened since I last posted.  I wish something exciting would have happened.  It's been work and sleep and the Olympics for me.

Speaking of the Olympics, how amazing is Michael Phelps?  I know EVERY girl is in love with the guy, but seriously - eight out of eight golds, seven world records, and one olympic record in a matter of days?  That's a gift if I ever saw one.  And Bryan Clay won the gold in the Decathlon.  It wasn't shown on NBC up here.  Bryan went to APU and comes by every once and a while to talk to the students there.  He's a really nice guy - I've talked to him a couple times.  It's pretty cool to have a gold medalist from the same college I went to.  I was reading my friend Holly's blog, and she captured the amazingness of having a gift and using it.  She talked about people having found what they are good at - the gifts God has given them - and then using those gifts to the best of their abilities.  Like, eight for eight golds?  Then Holly gave a challenge that I wonder about myself: "I want people to look at me and say, 'Wow.  She found her element.'"  Will I be in my element and be worthy of a gold at the end of the day?  I don't know.

Life in Alaska.  Like I said, there's not really a whole lot to report on.  There are changes coming in work, but I don't know what they are yet.  Pray for wisdom there...It's raining a lot, and I love every minute.  I've gone out and gotten soaked a few times...Oh, and I found a great coffee shop and a great place to get a homemade milkshake - so good!  This could be dangerous...

I finally met the guy that my landlords wanted to set me up with - Kevin.  Super nice guy.  Very kind, gentle, and tall!  I had dinner with him, his dad, his sister, brother-in-law, nephew, and my landlords.  We didn't really get to talk a whole lot, but it was a fun night anyway.  Connie, my landlord, gave him my phone number, so we'll see what happens.  I'm not expecting anything, but we'll see.

That's about all my adventures.  Hopefully I can do some more crazy fun things soon.  Thanks for your prayers and thoughts!  I love every comment, email, and phone call!

Miss you and love you!
Blessings!

2 comments:

The Little Sister said...

Thank you for FINALLY updating. It's so good to read about all that's going on...even if you don't think it's much. Miss you and love you!

127 days 'till January!

Growlybear said...

Michael Who? Oh yeah, wasn't he the guy who lost out to the fellow who won the bronze in fencing?