Sunday, January 24, 2010

Getting it all out



Thanks for this song Linda! It's great - I'm loving it every time I listen!

As many of you know, there are some changes going on right now...friends' lives are being changed, my surroundings are changing, and there's a lot going on in my head. It's hard to get it all out...

As many of you know by now, I am moving yet again! Hopefully I will stay in this new place for a while. I'm renting a one bed/bath apt from Amy's parents and am SO excited that I finally can have my own space! While living with people have some major benefits, I can't even begin to tell you how good it will be for me to have my own apt. It's a super cute apt, and my current roommate is going to help decorate it. So, for all you that need a place to stay when you visit Juneau, give me a call - I'll have a sweet place! ;-)

One of my roommates is getting married in May. Very excited about that! She's actually walking down the isle to this song, so we've been listening to it quite often...haha! It's been fun watching her and helping her plan this wedding. She is so excited and it just rubs off on you.

My job is going well. I still have no idea what I'm doing or what I'm supposed to be doing, but that makes it even more interesting, right? I am continually surprised by the folks I work with and the different levels of "crazy" we get to deal with. It's a fun job, but as always, I'm so ready to move back home!

Preschool is going well too. The past two weeks have been huge challenges: last week I was on my own with 11, and this week I had Shawna back with 15! And for some reason, these past few weeks, the kids have had an extreme excess of energy. We're thinking because it's been so yucky outside, they haven't played outside in a while. Whatever it is, I've been praying constantly for patience with them! They're an exhausting handful, but they're pretty fun too...

That's about all I can talk about now. So many more things are happening, but too much to write in a blog, and some I'm not quite ready to talk about. But know that I truly am doing well, and am making the most of the time I have up here. God is doing incredible things and teaching me amazing lessons that I would not be able to learn in other places or situations. For that I am grateful.

I love you and miss you!
Blessings!

2 comments:

Mom said...

I wish God could teach you all you lessons while you are here in Riverside - sigh. Talk to you tomorrow morning - I just love our chats!

The Little Sister said...

If you like that song you should hear the CD - amazing! I'm listening to it right now. :) oh darn... you have to come back down to listen to it with me. I think that's a good idea. Go get your flight. See you soon! Actually, I was looking at flights up and the drop dates for school have passed so I'm stuck with these three classes which means summer off and up to Alaska in August (assuming nothing goes wrong). Anyways, love you and miss you!